Adolf Hitler (April 20, 1889 - April 30, 1945), also known as the Führer, was the dictator of Nazi Germany and a Greek demigod son of Hades. Hitler was the leader of the Nazis on the Axis side when World War II broke out.
Adolf Hitler was an Austrian-born German politician and the leader of the National Socialist German Workers Party (NSDAP), more commonly referred to as the Nazi Party. He was chancellor of Germany from 1933 to 1945, and dictator of Nazi Germany from 1934 to 1945. In 1929, when the whole world was in a crisis, for Germany there was no difference and when poverty struck, the Germans entered into a state of desperation. His radical party kept growing until he assumed full control of the country and then made the economy exponentially better. In 1939, he started World War II with the invasion of Poland. Hitler was responsible for the murder of a few million in the Holocaust and was one of the people responsible for the outbreak of WWII. He joined with Italy and Japan to form the Axis Powers against America, before eventually committing suicide when the Allies took Berlin. Within months after his death, the war had ended and the pact between the Big Three had been made.
- He tried to join Vienna's art school and become a professional painter.
- Almost as a tribute to his "father," the symbol for the SS, Hitler's elite bodyguard, was Death's Head.
- Ironically, Hitler had a liking for eagles and lightning which is strange considering the relationship between his father and Zeus, the god of thunder and lord of eagles.
- His fatal flaw is presumed to have been holding grudges as shown by his bitterness toward those who forced his country in depression and dismantlement by the Treaty of Versailles as well as the "lesser races" he felt polluted German society, most prominently the Jews, whom he blamed for "stabbing Germany in the back" at the end of World War I.
- He is described as having his father's intense eyes, and evil charisma according to Percy.
- When Hazel first meets her father, she comments that Pluto looks like "that awful Adolf Hitler without his mustache."
- During his reign, Adolf Hitler was known to dabble in occultism, the study of the supernatural. However he only dealt in old Celtic and Norse traditions, never Greek or Roman.