Ares' cabin is scruffily painted with an angry red color, has barbed wire lining the roof, and a stuffed boar's head on the doorway. The eyes of the boar seem to stare at whoever is walking by. There are also live landmines surrounding the entrance. It is also described as having rock music blaring from it at times.
In the Lightning Thief graphic novel, Ares' cabin is an ordinary gray stone building with a boar's head over the door and barbed wire lining the roof.
Ares has many demigod children including:
- They can summon the dead of the losing side of a battle.
- They all have enhanced strength and swiftness. Ares' daughters, in particular, have the physical bodies, skeletal structure, and muscle distribution of exceptionally large, strong, and well-conditioned human men, allowing them to withstand the rigors of combat as well as their brothers.
- They are able to adapt to using various types of weapons quicker than normal.
- They are excellent war strategists, though, like their father, they seem to prefer mindless brute force over strategy.
- They have the ability to curse their opponents' weapons (e.g. turning arrows into rubber, making a sword too heavy to lift properly, forcibly disarming their opponents).
- They can unconsciously arouse feelings of impulsive anger, hatred, and bloodlust in people to the point of instigating physical violence.
The Blessing of Ares is a blessing given to children of Ares, when they have shown great courage or bloodlust in battle. It cloaks the bearer in a glowing aura of flickering red fire that grants temporary invulnerability to pain and all physical harm.
The Initiation Ceremony is a ritual used by the Ares' Cabin to initiate a new camper by dunking his or her head in the camp toilets. The ceremony might have been broken due to Percy Jackson using his abilities as a son of Poseidon to dose Clarisse and her siblings in their attempt on him.
- Clarisse had an electric spear during the events of The Lightning Thief, however this one was broken by Percy Jackson when they are playing Capture The Flag.
- Clarisse uses a second electric spear named Maimer, though everyone else calls it Lamer behind her back. This one was broken by a drakon in The Last Olympian.
- The Ares cabin was eventually given a flying chariot (that they recovered alongside the Apollo's Cabin), during the Second Titan War in The Last Olympian. However, the chariot was destroyed in The Lost Hero.