Chronokinesis is the ability to control the flow of time. This is not the same as controlling fate itself, yet it is a very dangerous power. It is named after Chronos, the personification of time in Greek mythology.
The first major use of chronokinesis is seen when Kronos rises from his golden coffin. Percy Jackson, who is in the room witnessing the return, attempts to fight him, but then decides to run away after his sword deflects harmlessly off of the Titan's body. As Percy tries to run, he feels like his feet become lead as he runs in slow motion. Meanwhile, Kronos casually walks over to him. Kronos loses his concentration when he is hit with a blue plastic hairbrush, thrown by Rachel Elizabeth Dare.
During the Battle of Manhattan, a time spell is placed around the city of New York so that any humans trying to drive into the city are trapped in time. Later, while Percy tries to fight Kronos, the Titan slows down time to give himself time to rest while Percy becomes tired as he is stuck in the same place in time.
- Can freeze/immobilize a person in time
- Can accelerate/decelerate the flow of time
- Can change the way people perceive time (demonstrated when Kronos and Hecate slows time around New York City)
- Can control the effects of time
- Be resistant to the effects of time
- Hecate (limited, with a time spell)
- Hecate's children (limited, with a time spell)
- Serapis (with Serapis' Staff)
- Chronokinesis came from the word Chronos, the embodiment of time; not to be confused with Kronos, the Titan of time.
- Although, Kronos is also sometimes acknowledged as the Titan of time as well as of harvest.
- Though Kronos can manipulate time, he himself is not capable of Time Travel.
- It's hinted that chrokinesis could be used like hebekinesis.
|Demigod Abilities:||ADHD | Ancient Greek | Aphrodite's Blessing | Ares' Blessing | Artemis' Blessing | Clear Sight | Dreams | Dyslexia | Latin|
|Object Manipulation:||Air | Anatomy | Atmosphere | Bones | Darkness | Dead | Earth | Electricity | Fears | Fire | Healing | Ice | Light | Love | Luck | Machines | Magic | Metals | Plants | Poison | Sleep | Sound | Temperature | Time | War | Water | Weapons | Youth|
|Other Skills:||Archery | Charmspeak | Curse of Achilles | Empathy Link | Mist Control | Prophecy | Seasons Alteration | Shadow Travel | Shapeshifting | Vocal Mimicry | Weaving | Zoolingualism|