DOA Recording Studios (meaning Dead On Arrival) is one of the main entrances to the Underworld. It is located in Los Angeles, California.
The doors in the lobby say: NO SOLICITORS. NO LOITERING. NO LIVING. Inside the lobby, muzak music plays and the carpet and walls are steel gray. There is black leather furniture and an elevator. Charon is on a raised podium inside the studio.
- The original entrance to the Underworld was the Cave of Avernus.
- DOA means "Dead On Arrival," which most people are when they arrive there.
- Adults must pay a fee for the trip on Charon's boat (usually charged to their last cable bill or with American Express).
- People who cannot pay stay in the lobby hoping for a free trip or until Charon's discretion to them changes. Many have stayed for a couple of hundreds of years, while some have only been there for a few days, and some might even still be waiting after thousands of years; most of these are children.
- When Percy, Annabeth and Grover come to DOA, they claim they died in a bathtub. This may be a reference to Agamemnon, who was killed by his wife in a bathtub.
|Underworld:||Chaos | DOA Recording Studios | Doors of Death | Door of Orpheus | Elysium | Erebos | Fields of Asphodel | Fields of Punishment | Hades' Palace | Isles of the Blest | Judgment Pavilion | Persephone's Garden | River Lethe | River Styx | River Acheron | River Phlegethon | River Cocytus|
|Tartarus:||The Mansion of Night | Hermes' Shrine | Chaos|
|Magical Locations:||Aeolia | Camp Half-Blood (Grove of Dodona) | Camp Jupiter | Cave of Trophonius | C.C.'s Spa and Resort | Daedalus' Workshop | Lotus Hotel and Casino | Mount Othrys | Ogygia | Olympus | Pan's Cave | Sea of Monsters | The Labyrinth | Tartarus | Underworld | Waystation|
|Cities, States, and Towns:||Alaska | Bar Harbor | Bologna | Chicago | Detroit | Gila Claw | Indianapolis | Jamestown | Long Island | New Mexico | New York City (Manhattan) | Quebec | San Francisco | Dalmatia (Split) | Vancouver | Venice | Westport|
|Other Locations:||Apennine Mountains | Aunty Em's Gnome Emporium | Carlsbad Caverns | Crusty's Water Bed Palace | Empire State Building | Gateway Arch | Grand Canyon | Greece | Hoover Dam | Italy | Junkyard of the Gods | Mount Diablo | Mount Etna | Mount Saint Helens | Mount Tamalpais | Pikes Peak | Polyphemus' Island | ROFL | Rome | Triple G Ranch | U.S.A. | Waterland|