|“||I'm afraid you just missed my lieutenant Delphin, God of the Dolphins.||”|
When Amphitrite fled from his master's courtship, Delphin went in search of her and persuaded her to agree to the marriage. For this service, Poseidon placed him amongst the stars as the constellation Delphinus.
|“||And there was a dolphin - just a regular dolphin, but it was staring at the map intently.||”|
–Delphin's appearance, in The Last Olympian
It is presumed that Delphin has the standard powers of a god.
- Hydrokinesis: Though it was never specifically confirmed, it is likely that, due to his status as an aquatic god in Poseidon's service, Delphin has the same hydrokinetic powers as Percy's, but only to a greater and more advanced level.
- Dolphin/Aquatic Authority and Communication: It is also highly likely that, as the God of Dolphins, Delphin can speak to and control dolphins.
- Persuasion: Delphin was shown to have remarkable skills of persuasion, as demonstrated by how he managed to convince Amphitrite to marry Poseidon by cleverly yet realistically highlighting all the benefits she could enjoy if she did.
- The Delphinidae family of Cetaceans is named after him.
- The word Dolphin comes from his name.
- It's thought that he is the first dolphin, as well a sea-creature what maybe means that he is a son of Pontus and Thalassa not of Nereus.