Enyo is the Greek goddess of war. She is Ares' twin sister, and a daughter of Zeus and Hera. As the goddess of war, Enyo is responsible for orchestrating the destruction of cities, often accompanying Ares into battle. She does not have a Roman Counterpart. The closest thing to a counterpart in Roman Mythology is Bellona.
Enyo was responsible for orchestrating the destruction of cities, would often accompany Ares and was depicted "as supreme in war." During the fall of Troy, Enyo inflicted bloodshed and terror in the war with Eris, Phobos and Deimos, the two sons of Ares. Enyo, Eris, and the two sons of Ares are depicted in the shield of Achilles.
Enyo was also involved in the war of the Seven Against Thebes and Dionysus' war with the Indians. She was so delighted by the warfare that she refused to choose sides in the battle between Zeus and Typhon.
- She possesses the standard powers of a goddess, but as a daughter of Zeus and Hera, she is very powerful.
- Prowess in Battle: As the goddess of war, she is a fierce warrior, and a master of both armed and hand-to-hand combat.
- Warfare: She is an expert in all areas of warfare.
- War Manipulation: As the goddess of war, she has the power to influence all forms of conflict including mental, physical, spiritual and conceptual ones, regardless of the area and numbers involved, control how they progress and draw power both from the conflict alone as well as the dying. She is naturally extremely skilled in all form of fighting, weapons and both strategy and tactics as well as statistics of war. She can start conflicts by influencing people or events, rise personal and fanatical armies, control and create weapons of every kind and even grant others extensive abilities of combat. She has the incredible power to invoke war and chaos within an enormously large radius, ranging from a city to an entire continent. With this power she has full control over the city or continent that is in war and chaos at the time.
- Odikinesis: As the goddess of war, she has the ability to manipulate the feelings and emotions of war.
- Telumkinesis: As the goddess of war, she has absolute control and divine authority over weapons.
- She can conjure any weapon. She knows everything about a weapon when she sees one.
- She can curse weapons.
- She can disarm her opponents.
- Enyo was also the name of the one of the Graeae.
- At Thebes and Orchomenos, a festival called Homolôïa, which was celebrated in honour of Zeus, Demeter, Athena and Enyo, was said to have received the surname of Homoloïus from Homoloïs, a priestess of Enyo.
- Her Roman Counterpart is Bellona
- She is not a Major Olympian because Athena was worshipped more,was a War deity, her brother Ares was also a war deity and the Olympians didn't need another war god.
- Unlike Athena she fights without a strategy, she is very much like her brother, both do not have a reason to fight.