Erebos (also spelled as Erebus) is the son of Chaos, brother to Gaea, Tartarus, Ouranos and Nyx, as well as her consort. He is the Greek primordial god of Darkness and Mist. He represented darkness which filled the nooks and crannies of the world. His Roman form is Scotus.
Erebus is the Primordial god of Darkness and Mist, one of the original primordial gods,and second ruler of the cosmos, a child of Chaos. His wife, Nyx, was also his sister. He was the father of many beings, and also the name for the desolate plains of the Underworld, as well as the walls where he currently resides. With Nyx, he became the father of Hemera, the Protogenos of Day, and Aether, Protogenos of Light, an ironic fact that the day and light would be the children of night and darkness. His other children include Momus, Nemesis, Hypnos, and Thanatos.
- He presumably has a god's powers, but infinitely stronger as he is one of the Protogenoi.
- Umbrakinesis: As the protogenos of darkness, he has divine authority and absolute control over shadows and darkness.
- Darkness Generation: He can shoot solid bolts of darkness, and surround enemies in pitch-black clouds of lightless space.
- Darkness Shields: He can solidify shadows into virtually impenetrable shields.
- Invisibility: He can use shadows to cover himself in darkness to become invisible.
- Shadow Travel: Using shadows, he is able to travel anywhere he wants at incredible speeds.
- He possibly sees through the darkness while his enemies cannot.