Erebos (also spelled as Erebus) is the son of Chaos, brother to Gaea, Tartarus, Ouranos and Nyx, as well as her consort. He is the Greek primordial god of Darkness and Mist. He represented darkness which filled the nooks and crannies of the world. His Roman form is Scotus.
Erebus is the Primordial god of Darkness and Mist, one of the original primordial gods,and second ruler of the cosmos, a child of Chaos. His wife, Nyx, was also his sister. He was the father of many beings, and also the name for the desolate plains of the Underworld, as well as the walls where he currently resides. With Nyx, he became the father of Hemera, the Protogenos of Day, and Aether, Protogenos of Light, an ironic fact that the day and light would be the children of night and darkness. His other children include Momus, Nemesis, Hypnos, and Thanatos.
- He presumably has a god's powers, but infinitely stronger as he is one of the Protogenoi.
- Umbrakinesis: As the protogenos of darkness, he has divine authority and absolute control over shadows and darkness.
- He can surround enemies in a space without any light.
- He can use darkness to create portals to travel from one place to the next (Shadow Travel).
- He can use shadows to cover oneself in darkness to become invisible.
- He possibly sees through the darkness while his enemies cannot.