Gods have an array of powers and abilities, typically related to a specific theme or aspect of mortal life, such as war, love, wisdom, or death etc. Only a small number of artifacts have the power to kill a god. Gods of sufficient power are also capable of killing one another, though such action is usually prohibited within their various pantheons. There are also gods that are the literally personifications of concepts or natural forces, such as Gaia and Ouranos, Earth and Sky.
- Greek Gods, shown in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus series.
- Roman Gods, shown in The Heroes of Olympus series.
- Egyptian Gods, shown in The Kane Chronicles series.
- Norse Gods, shown in Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard series.
- Aztec Gods, mentioned by Apollo and Magnus Chase.
- Yoruba Gods, mentioned by Apollo and Jimmy.
- God (metaphysical), mentioned by Chiron, Dionysus, and Magnus Chase.
- Catholic-Christian Saints, mentioned by Apollo.