A legacy is any mortal who is a second or further generation descendant of a god. They tend to possess similar abilities to their godly ancestors. Recognition of Legacies seems unique to Camp Jupiter. It is also stated that various emperors of Rome were Legacies. Only first generation descendants of the gods attend Camp Half-Blood, although Camp Jupiter accepts legacies.
There are probably more legacies than demigods in the world. Many demigods (not just Frank Zhang) are probably legacies as well as half-bloods.
List of Legacies
- Icarus and his brother Iapyx were the sons of Daedalus with Athena's blessing, which makes him a legacy of Athena, goddess of wisdom.
- The Zhang family are descendants of Poseidon, and many members of the family have the ability to change into any living creature. This includes Emily Zhang, Grandma Zhang, Xu Fu, Sung Guo, and Shen Lun.
- Though Frank Zhang is a son of Mars, through his mother's side, he is a descendant of Periclymenus (who is a descendant of Poseidon). Thus, he has the ability to change into any living creature. He also has Greek, Roman, and Chinese ancestry.
- Julius Caesar was a descendant of Venus, as he was descended from Aeneas, the Trojan hero.
- Aeneas was a legacy of Zeus through his great-great-great-great grandfather Dardanus, who was a son of Zeus
- Medea is a descendant of Helios.
- Lamia's children, Altheia and Demetrius were children of Zeus but were also descendants of Hecate.
- Vitellius is a descendant of Asclepius. He would also be descended from Ares too.
- Julia is a legacy of an unknown god or goddess.
- Augustus Caesar (the first Roman Emperor) was the nephew of Julius Caesar. Thus, he too is descended from Venus.
- Alexander the Great was said to be a descendant of Hercules on his father's side and Achilles on his mother's, also making him a descendant of Zeus and Thetis.
- Hercules (although he is now a god) was an ancient hero and the son of Zeus. However, he is also a legacy of Zeus because he is the great-grandson of Perseus, son of Zeus.
- Perseus, was said to have been descended from Lelex, a son of Poseidon, making Perseus a legacy of Poseidon. This would also make Hercules descended from Poseidon. Strangely, like his grandson Hercules, he was also a son and legacy of Zeus. His maternal great-grandfather Lacedaemon was a son of Zeus.
- Theseus was the great-great-great-grandson of Zeus.
- Rhea Silvia was the mother of Romulus and Remus. She is descended from Aeneas, son of Venus.
- Perdix is a legacy of Athena, being the nephew of Daedalus, son of Athena.
- Romulus and Remus, being sons of Rhea Silvia, are descendants of Venus.
- Octavian is the resident augur at Camp Jupiter and a descendant of Apollo.
- Odysseus is the descendant of Zeus. He was also a legacy of Hermes as his grandfather, Autolycus, was a son of Hermes.
- Jason, leader of the Argonauts, was actually a legacy of Hermes as his grandfather Autolycus was a son of Hermes.
- Lycaon's father Pelasgus was a son of Zeus, making Lycaon and his children and grandchildren all legacies of Zeus.
- Though Otrera is called the daughter of Ares in the Son of Neptune, she was called the daughter of Eurus in the myths, making her children (Hippolyta, Melanippe, Antiope, Penthesilea) all legacies of Eurus as well as children of Ares.
- Minos and his brothers Rhadamanthus and Sarpedon, were sons of Zeus, but were also legacies of Poseidon and Zeus.
- Ariadne is a legacy of Zeus since her father, Minos, was a son of Zeus. She was also a legacy of Poseidon.
- Dionysus (although he is now a god), was descended from Harmonia, the goddess of harmony. His mother Semele was a daughter of Harmonia.
- Asclepius (although he is now a god), was a legacy of Ares through his mother Coronis, whose father was Phlegyas, a son of Ares.
- Ganymede (although he is now a god), was a legacy of Zeus through his great-grandfather Dardanus.
- Bryce Lawrence, was a legacy of Orcus, the Roman god of punishment in the Underworld.
- Nero (although now a god), was the great-great grandson of Augustus a decendent of Apollo making him one too he was part julio-caludian family with blood ties to Julus Casar Thus, he too is descended from Venus.
The Julia (gens) of Rome
In ancient Rome, the family (gen) know as the Julia was a powerful Patrician Roman family, who claimed descent of many gods. Some of the famous members of this family include: Julius Caesar, Augustus Caesar, Flavius Julius and more. They claim they trace their lineage back to Romulus, son of Mars and Rhea Silvia, descendants of Aeneas. Others would claim they were related to Aeneas, who lead his people away from Troy and eventually founded the land that would become Rome. Others would sometimes claim to be related to Dardanus, a son of Jupiter and Electra.