|“||Yeah, um...we cleaned everything else. Didn't know if it was safe to move your notes.||”|
–Malcolm to Annabeth, in The Last Olympian
Malcolm became counselor of Athena Cabin while Annabeth was with the seven and attended the war meeting about the Roman invasion.
Malcolm commanded the defense when Nero assaulted Camp Half-Blood because Annabeth only attends camp during the summer. He also mans a command post in the battle against the Colossus, and is, according to Apollo, wearing a leather cuirass and red boxer shorts.
Malcolm has blonde hair and gray eyes like his most of his other half-siblings.
- ADHD: Like all demigods, Malcolm possesses inborn supernatural battle reflexes and senses that he uses to analyze the fighting style of his opponent.
- Dyslexia: His brain is "hardwired" for Ancient Greek instead of modern languages.
- He is very knowledgeable in architecture, history and Greek myths, which is very useful in journeys and battles.
- He is also a master strategist.
- He is skilled in armed and hand-to-hand combat and was trained during his stay at Camp Half-Blood. He seems to prefer the grappling hook as a weapon.
- He is extremely intelligent, wise, and clever.
- Due to the fact that he is a son of Athena, he is accomplished at arts and crafts.
- Malcolm seems to be the first person to notice Annabeth and Percy's feelings for each other.
- Aside from Annabeth, Malcolm is the only named Athena camper.