Mist Control is the ability to control and manipulate the Mist. Those with the power to control the Mist can create illusions, manipulate mortals' memories, create Mistforms, and influence the minds of mortals. As explained in The House of Hades, in order to successfully control the Mist, the user has to focus on what the target wants to see, not the user.
Percy uses the Mist to convince a cop that there was a presidential motorcade coming, and it worked.
Jason Grace and campers at Camp Half-Blood learn that Chiron and the gods have been using the Mist to keep the Roman and Greek demigods separated ever since the Demigod Civil War. Hera also used the Mist to give Piper McLean and Leo Valdez false memories of Jason at the Wilderness School.
Hecate used the Mist to form three blurred, smoky images of the same woman moving in unison. Whenever Hecate is present, a swirling column of Mist surrounds her. She also manipulated the Mist to make Hecuba look like a black cat. Hazel Levesque learned from Hecate that she has the ability to manipulate the Mist to a strong degree. Hazel used it to make the pirate Sciron mistake the side of a cliff for the ocean, so, instead of throwing Jason into the ocean, he throws him away from the border, and he does not get killed. She used the Mist again at the House of Hades to help her and Leo Valdez navigate the Labyrinth.
Hazel used the Mist to disguise Jason, Annabeth, and Piper McLean while spying on Gaea's ghosts in Ithaca, and again to disguise Percy, Piper, and Annabeth as Earthborns to sabotage the Giants. Lou Ellen uses the Mist to hide the four demigods from the Romans so they can complete the task without getting spotted.
- Create powerful illusions
- Memory manipulation
- Hide the real form of the things to humans and demigods
- Hide locations
- Summon Mistforms
- Disguise people and beings
- Hide people, beings, and objects
- Alter reality
- Place people and objects behind the user
- Teleportation (via Mist)
- The gods
- Children of Hecate/Trivia
- Thalia Grace
- Marie Levesque
- Hazel Levesque
- Percy Jackson (to a limited degree)
- Chiron usually does not teach the demigods how to manipulate the Mist, except for the children of the Big Three (like Thalia Grace). Chiron tells Percy he will teach him how to manipulate the Mist in The Lightning Thief, but still hadn't in The Titan's Curse, and it has still has yet to be seen. However, children of Hecate are seen to have a natural affinity to control the Mist.
- Percy Jackson once tried to manipulate the Mist having watched Thalia do it. However, the mortal he tried it on could see through the Mist, so his true accomplishments could not be determined.
- According to Lou Ellen Blackstone, the Mist doesn’t work well against alert enemies.
- Like Hazel Levesque, demigod children of witches possess the ability to manipulate the Mist.
|Demigod Abilities:||ADHD | Ancient Greek | Aphrodite's Blessing | Ares' Blessing | Artemis' Blessing | Clear Sight | Dreams | Dyslexia | Latin|
|Object Manipulation:||Air | Anatomy | Atmosphere | Bones | Darkness | Dead | Earth | Electricity | Fears | Fire | Healing | Ice | Light | Love | Luck | Machines | Magic | Metals | Plants | Poison | Sleep | Sound | Temperature | Time | War | Water | Weapons | Youth|
|Other Skills:||Archery | Charmspeak | Curse of Achilles | Empathy Link | Mist Control | Prophecy | Seasons Alteration | Shadow Travel | Shapeshifting | Vocal Mimicry | Weaving | Zoolingualism|