| Spoiler Alert!
Warning! This page contains spoilers for The Ship of the Dead .
Njord (pronounced "NYORD"; often spelled Njörðr) was the Norse Vanir god of seas, wealth, wind, fire and fishing. He was the father of Frey and Freya and the grandfather to both Blitzen and Magnus Chase.
Njord was mentioned several times throughout the book, with Ran being able to detect that Magnus Chase is his grandson. He tells Magnus that he should head to skadi's harbor and to get Kvasir's mead for the flyting.
He saves the crew of the Big Banana from the Nine Billow Maidens. He talks with Magnus, Blitz and Hearth about Kvasir's mead and separates Hearth and Blitz from the rest of the crew of the big banana to play increase the chances of success.
Njord is described as a middle aged man with long blond hair with specks of gray and a short beard. He wears a yellow polo shirt and blue cargo shorts.
Njord is some what vain, as he loves to talk about his feet.
- Standard powers of a god.
- Hydrokinesis: As the god of the sea he can control water.
- Aerokinesis: As the is the god of the wind he can control the wind.
- Chlorokinesis: As the god of crops he can control the growth of crops.
- Pyrokinesis: As the god of fire he can control the fire.
- Ferrokinesis: As the god of wealth he can control the riches of the earth.
|Unnamed sister||Frey and Freya|
- His Greco-Roman equivalent is Poseidon/Neptune.
- He was briefly married to Skadi, the Norse goddess of Winter and Hunt.
- It is theorized that Nerthus, the Vanir goddess of the earth, harvest and revenge is his sister and mother of his twin children.