|“||Ra ordered my father Shu to keep us apart, forever. I am exiled to the sky, while my beloved Geb cannot leave the ground.||”|
Nut and her husband, Geb wished to have children but Ra learned that one of their children would overthrow him and so he forbade her to give birth on any of the three-hundred and sixty days of the year. Defiant, Nut gambled with Khonsu for moonlight and used what she gained to create five more days. On each day, she gave birth to a child, ultimately resulting in the creation of Horus, Isis, Osiris, Nephthys, and Set. As punishment for her disobedience; Ra forced their father, Shu to keep the lovers apart. Nut was the one of the only gods to have evaded banishment by the House of Life as her host is the sky, making her almost impossible to capture. Nut Gambled four days not from Khonsu but Djehuti, the god of learning and knowledge. Nut was also known as the second universal mother after, Tefnut.
Nut was the Egyptian goddess of the sky. She was the twin and wife of Geb, but had to be separated from him by their father, Shu because they were even born too close. She is the granddaughter of Ra and the mother of Osiris, Set, Horus the Elder (not to be confused with Horus the Younger mentioned in the Kane Chronicles), Isis, and Nephthys. After she had given birth to Osiris, she asked Thoth and Wadjet, a snake goddess who's sister is Nekhbet, to protect him from Ra's wrath.
She appears as a blue women covered in stars (who are her unborn children) leaning over Geb. She was sometimes said to consume Ra in the Evening and give birth to him at dawn.
- Nut summoned and conversed with Sadie's ba in a dream. She and Sadie discussed chaos and order with Nut impressing upon Sadie that the House of Life must work with the gods once again in order to maintain and restore Ma'at. Nut also explained that although Set is a force of chaos, even he had fought against Apophis and that the way to defeat Set is not the way Sadie imagined. She advised Sadie to visit Thoth and gifted her with first class tickets to Memphis, Tennessee. Before she departed, Nut asked the young godling to deliver a letter to Geb, containing a starry image of herself.
Nut is one of the gods that shows up when Carter calls the gods to battle. She fights Apophis and leaves the Earth with the other gods afterwards.
Although cordial and friendly, Nut is fiercely determined when angered but is mainly kind, loving, and wise. She is also very sad, because of her separation from Geb. Nut is shown to be understanding when she sends Geb an image of herself, as she knows he would want to see her.
Nut wears an Egyptian kilt and a bikini top. Her skin itself is a deep blue and speckled with stars that form constellations, galaxies, and nebulae and drift across her body. Her teeth are so bright, they are like a galaxy bursting into existence. Her hair is long and midnight black.
- Atmokinesis: As the Goddess of the Sky, she has absolute control and divine authority over the weather.
- Aerokinesis: As the Goddess of the Sky, she has absolute control and divine authority over the air.
- Summoning: She was able to summon a person's ba (perhaps with Anubis's help) as well as summon things into existence.
Geb: Despite the fact that Nut and Geb have been separated for five thousand years, their love has not diminished. They continue to long for one another and when Nut meets Sadie, she asks her to deliver a letter to Geb. When Geb later receives the letter, he is overcome with joy and gratitude for Sadie.
Sadie: Nut and Sadie have only met once while Sadie was in her ba. Nut asked Sadie to deliver a letter to Geb, and because she did, Nut seems very thankful.
- Her Greco-Roman equivlanet is Ouranos/Caelus.
|The Kane Chronicles|
|Core Series:||The Red Pyramid | The Throne of Fire | The Serpent's Shadow|
|Crossovers:||The Son of Sobek | The Staff of Serapis | The Crown of Ptolemy | Demigods & Magicians|
|Main Characters:||Carter Kane | Sadie Kane | Ra | Anubis | Apophis | Bast | Bes | Horus | Isis | Zia Rashid | Set | Walt Stone|
|Minor Characters:||Michel Desjardins | Geb | Iskandar | Jaz | Amos Kane | Julius Kane | Ruby Kane | Khufu | Nephthys | Nut | Osiris | Thoth | Percy Jackson | Annabeth Chase | List of Characters|
|Other:||House of Life | Magic | Magician | Kane Family|
|Related Content:||Rick Riordan | List of Terms | The Kane Chronicles Survival Guide|