Jamie has come to the USA for his graduate studies in Accounting. To support himself financially, he used to fight as a mercenary for Commodus.
For some reason, Commodus and Jamie got into an argument. Commodus became angry and began to suspect that Jamie might betray him. Hence Commodus put Jamie in prison.
After Apollo freed Jamie from his prison, he fought against Commodus's army to protect the Waystation.
Jamie is described as tall, dark-skinned and handsome. He has a muscular build and a booming voice.
- Electrokinesis: Jamie is able to generate red-colored electricity, as he has demonstrated during his fight against Commodus' forces.
- He is the first demigod introduced in the series who is neither Greek-Roman or Norse. He is revealed to be ethnically Yoruba, a people that comprise over one-fifth of Nigeria's population.
- Apollo noted that Jimmy's fighting style is similar to the children of Zeus/Jupiter.
- A curious difference exists between the physical and eBook editions of The Dark Prophecy, where instead of Jamie, Olujime is called Jimmy.
- Jamie seems to know how to interact with ostriches to make friends with them.
- Jamie's possible godly parent is Shango, the Yoruba god of lightning.