Odin uses the steed as his mount, so only he can summon Sleipnir as a result.
Sleipnor is mentioned when Hearthstone summons one of his children to help him and his friends get to Gerriod's castle.
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, the most famous of all Santa’s helpers from a Christmas story of the same name, was inspired by Sleipnir.
- Rudolph and his red nose was actually inspired by Sleipnir's habit of feasting on the entrails of Odin's enemies.
- However Santa Claus is actually the Greek goddess Artemis.
- Sleipnir could be considered as the Norse counterpart of Arion.
- Both are horses.
- Both were born to a god/goddess who were disguised as a horse (Loki and Ceres).
|Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard|
|Core Series:||The Sword of Summer | The Hammer of Thor| The Ship of the Dead|
|Main Characters:||Magnus Chase | Alex Fierro | Blitzen | Halfborn Gunderson | Hearthstone | Mallory Keen | Samirah al-Abbas | Sumarbrander | Thomas Jefferson Jr.|
|Minor Characters:||Annabeth Chase | Frederick Chase | Gunilla | Randolph Chase|
|Norse Gods:||Freya | Frey | Thor | Loki | Odin | Frigg | Ullr | Vidar | Heimdall | Sif|
|Minor Gods:||Hel | Mimir | Ran | Aegir|
|Jotnar:||Surt | Utgard-Loki | Ymir|
|Monsters:||Ratatosk | Jormungand | Fenris|