Dragons are large, sometimes winged creatures that are often used for guarding objects or places. They are younger than drakons.
Dragons often make appearances in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus series. In The Last Olympian, several were seen in the Lincoln Tunnel and according to Grover, a young dragon had appeared at Harlem and destroyed a dozen nature spirits.
- Most dragons can fly, breathe fire, and are extremely powerful, strong, and intelligent creatures.
- Their hard scales cannot be easily pierced by swords, arrows, and other weaponry.
- Some dragons, like Ladon, have deadly poisons in their teeth and claws.
- Festus (Automaton)
- Colchian Dragon
- Ismenian Dragon
- Medea's sun dragons
- Fafnir (originally a Dwarf)
- Alderman (originally an Elf)