FANDOM


  • SayuriDarling
    SayuriDarling closed this thread because:
    TLT
    23:19, July 19, 2016

    Back with the battle of the books with the adding THO.

    What's the better book?

    Vote for your fave here and nominate fights here.

      Loading editor
    • The Lighting Thief!

        Loading editor
    • The Hidden Oracle!! xD

        Loading editor
    • The lightning Thief!

        Loading editor
    • I got to say, the Lightening Thief.

        Loading editor
    • The Hidden Oracle, Lightning Thief a close second tho!

        Loading editor
    • The Lost Hero!

        Loading editor
    • Pomi098 wrote:
      The Lost Hero!

      You joking right......

      Aren't you? 

      Please say yes.

        Loading editor
    • I've been waiting for this fight for a long time...hope the next will be Series VS Series.

      Anyways, on topic. The lightning Thief!

        Loading editor
    • Oceanhalo12 wrote:
      Pomi098 wrote:
      The Lost Hero!
      You joking right......

      Aren't you? 

      Please say yes.

      Yes, I was kidding my real Favorite is the Lightning Thief 

        Loading editor
    • Hidden Oracle 

        Loading editor
    • I still don't have THO so I can't vote, but TLH is very stupid.

        Loading editor
    • Why does everyone hate The Lost Hero?

        Loading editor
    • Pomi098 wrote: Why does everyone hate The Lost Hero?

      Yeah, I don't get the hate either - probably because everyone's really annoyed that Percy isn't in it (I don't like Percy myself, so I didn't really care)

        Loading editor
    • I don't hate it, I just like the Lightning Thief more. (also I think everyone hates The Lost Hero because of Piper)

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, I never got the Piper hate either tbh...

        Loading editor
    • I think me and you are the only people on this wiki that LIKE Piper

        Loading editor
    • Because of a very selfish, stupid and whining character called Piper Mclean. Every book that have her POV, is lesser than book that doesn't. that's why people love SoN.

        Loading editor
    • She Isn't  selfish, stupid, or whiny. 

        Loading editor
    • She most certainly is not - Piper's relatable, sweet, and awesome!

        Loading editor
    • Pomi098 wrote: I think me and you are the only people on this wiki that LIKE Piper

      That's not true. I do too, though for different, unbiased reasons. But, yeah, I did mainly not like The Lost Hero because Percy wasn't apart of it.

        Loading editor
    • I stand corrected

        Loading editor
    • Annabeth and Percy wrote:

      Pomi098 wrote: I think me and you are the only people on this wiki that LIKE Piper

      That's not true. I do too, though for different, unbiased reasons. But, yeah, I did mainly not like The Lost Hero because Percy wasn't apart of it.

      That's not true at all. I really like Piper as well, and I have shown that in this wiki already. It's just, there are better characters than Piper, that's also one of the main problems why people don't like Piper much. Though I can totally say she's better than some of the 7. Plus, The Lost Hero has always been one of my favorite books, I'd considered it better than The Mark of Athena and The Blood of Olympus, IMHO.

        Loading editor
    • She Isn't selfish, stupid, or whiny.  I have the House of Hades And Mark of Athena And the Lost Hero sitting in the same room as me, when I come back with the quotes, tell me she's not selfish, stupid and whiny.

        Loading editor
    • ^^^Yes, I will most definitely tell you that (I've re-read all THoO books about 3 times already)

        Loading editor
    • Off topic people.

      But point of correction--

      Piper is stupid and whiny, don't know about selfish.......

      Oh yeah. She selfish too.

        Loading editor
    • 8th Hero of Olympus wrote:
      ^^^Yes, I will most definitely tell you that (I've re-read all THoO books about 3 times already)

      Oh yeah, I forgot your delusional.

      C'mon Everybody were taking a trip to a place where Annabeth(Not Piper) is annoying and Jason beats Percy!

      Its called..............................

      NOWHERE!

      • I might have to take a picture of my notebook because there is soooo many examples and I don't feel like typing
        Loading editor
    • Piper a dumb, fake, Jason-infatuated.

      Done and established.

        Loading editor
    • Commander Tool Belt wrote:
      Piper a dumb, fake, Jason-infatuated.

      Done and established.

      OK. I'm still siding with TLH tho. Was that necessary?

        Loading editor
    • No, it wasn't neccesary

        Loading editor
    • It was necessary to establish the fact. Go ahead and tell me what else isn't necessary.

        Loading editor
    • Oceanhalo12 wrote: Oh yeah, I forgot: you're delusional.

      Again, could you please be a bit more diplomatic when addressing me? After all, I have never EVER insulted you for having a different subjective opinion, so I would very much appreciate it if you would refrain from doing so.

      Commander Tool Belt wrote: Piper a dumb, fake, Jason-infatuated. Done and established.

      I strongly beg to differ - that is merely a subjective opinion that many seem to have for some reason. While Piper did start out as a bit annoying in TLH, she has matured and come into her own quite a bit since then, becoming one of my favorite female characters in the Camp Half-Blood series by far.

        Loading editor
    • Sorry, Piper annoys me so much in Lost Hero and Mark of Athena, that even though she got a bit better in House of Hades and Blood of Olympus, I hated her too much to forgive/stop hating her, so the damage was already done.

        Loading editor
    • Stop insulting 8ths intelligence or mental capacity level because she likes Piper.

        Loading editor
    • SayuriDarling wrote:
      Stop insulting 8ths intelligence or mental capacity level because she likes Piper.

      I wish I could give more then one Kudos. 

        Loading editor
    • little late...

      easily lightning thief

        Loading editor
    • SayuriDarling wrote: Stop insulting 8ths intelligence or mental capacity level because she likes Piper.

      O wow I did not mean to cause all this, I was being... what you might call playful? I hope you all get the idea

        Loading editor
    • Easy the hidden oracle - the lost hearo was blah, starting a series with characters you dont care about was a bad move

        Loading editor
    • The Lightning thief!

        Loading editor
    • Leenakitty wrote:
      Easy the hidden oracle - the lost hearo was blah, starting a series with characters you dont care about was a bad move

      Exactly

        Loading editor
    • 1) The Lost Hero


      2) The Hidden Oracle


      3) The Lightning Theif

        Loading editor
    • I'm so sad I can't say the hidden oracle because the book isn't in my country yet. nvm, I'm pretty sure that TLH is the last. sorry 8th, but I highly disagree with you though I will not insult somebody because of his or her opinion.

        Loading editor
    • I haven't read The Hidden Oracle yet, but for The Lost Hero, I can confidently say that it was probably one of the most mediocre series starters that I've ever had the misfortune of reading. A series opener is supposed to introduce you to the characters and make you care for them throughout the course of the series. However, I found myself caring very little for the new main characters in the Heroes of Olympus series, with the only exceptions being Hazel, Leo (to an extent), and Frank. In terms of its mediocrity, the only fitting comparison I can make is Star Wars Episode 7. Both were disappointing and incredibly average, with some of the new main characters being recycled content from previous books/movies. Piper was an annoyance to read about. If she was not being self-centred during The Lost Hero, it was because she was too busy fawning over Jason as if he were some messianic figure revered by a cult. This is not to mention how insignificant her problems were ("Daddy isn't paying attention to me"). Jason was essentially the male Mary Sue of the series. He had very few problems, always strove to be perfect, and had few flaws. While some might enjoy characters like this, I do not. Stories are driven by the conflicts that characters have and Jason, has remarkably few, making him one of the driest main characters in the universe by far. At least Leo had some sort of inferiority complex, that made things somewhat interesting. While I do not laud the The Lightning Thief as an amazing book, if I had to choose the lesser of two evils, The Lightning Thief would be first, The Lost Hero would be last and goodness, I hope that The Hidden Oracle is good enough to be second.

        Loading editor
    • Le Dernier Vache wrote: I haven't read The Hidden Oracle yet, but for The Lost Hero, I can confidently say that it was probably one of the most mediocre series starters that I've ever had the misfortune of reading. A series opener is supposed to introduce you to the characters and make you care for them throughout the course of the series. However, I found myself caring very little for the new main characters in the Heroes of Olympus series, with the only exceptions being Hazel, Leo (to an extent), and Frank. In terms of its mediocrity, the only fitting comparison I can make is Star Wars Episode 7. Both were disappointing and incredibly average, with some of the new main characters being recycled content from previous books/movies. Piper was an annoyance to read about. If she was not being self-centred during The Lost Hero, it was because she was too busy fawning over Jason as if he were some messianic figure revered by a cult. This is not to mention how insignificant her problems were ("Daddy isn't paying attention to me"). Jason was essentially the male Mary Sue of the series. He had very few problems, always strove to be perfect, and had few flaws. While some might enjoy characters like this, I do not. Stories are driven by the conflicts that characters have and Jason, has remarkably few, making him one of the driest main characters in the universe by far. At least Leo had some sort of inferiority complex, that made things somewhat interesting. While I do not laud the The Lightning Thief as an amazing book, if I had to choose the lesser of two evils, The Lightning Thief would be first, The Lost Hero would be last and goodness, I hope that The Hidden Oracle is good enough to be second.

      Wait, you didn't like Reyna? I mean, she's not part of the 7, but I guess you could consider her a main character, considering the fact that she got a POV in The Blood of Olympus. It's true she wasn't as relevant to the plot like the 7+Nico, but I think she was pretty important. Also, while this might not be good enough to change your mind, but I think one of the reasons why you might have not enjoyed it could as well be the fact that the new characters, including the old ones, where narrated in 3rd person. It could affect the characters a bit. For example, many have not liked Percy so much in this series, for we really couldn't see his thoughts as much like in PJ, resulting him to be less funny.

        Loading editor
    • Erick.baez.773 wrote:

      Le Dernier Vache wrote: I haven't read The Hidden Oracle yet, but for The Lost Hero, I can confidently say that it was probably one of the most mediocre series starters that I've ever had the misfortune of reading. A series opener is supposed to introduce you to the characters and make you care for them throughout the course of the series. However, I found myself caring very little for the new main characters in the Heroes of Olympus series, with the only exceptions being Hazel, Leo (to an extent), and Frank. In terms of its mediocrity, the only fitting comparison I can make is Star Wars Episode 7. Both were disappointing and incredibly average, with some of the new main characters being recycled content from previous books/movies. Piper was an annoyance to read about. If she was not being self-centred during The Lost Hero, it was because she was too busy fawning over Jason as if he were some messianic figure revered by a cult. This is not to mention how insignificant her problems were ("Daddy isn't paying attention to me"). Jason was essentially the male Mary Sue of the series. He had very few problems, always strove to be perfect, and had few flaws. While some might enjoy characters like this, I do not. Stories are driven by the conflicts that characters have and Jason, has remarkably few, making him one of the driest main characters in the universe by far. At least Leo had some sort of inferiority complex, that made things somewhat interesting. While I do not laud the The Lightning Thief as an amazing book, if I had to choose the lesser of two evils, The Lightning Thief would be first, The Lost Hero would be last and goodness, I hope that The Hidden Oracle is good enough to be second.

      Wait, you didn't like Reyna? I mean, she's not part of the 7, but I guess you could consider her a main character, considering the fact that she got a POV in The Blood of Olympus. It's true she wasn't as relevant to the plot like the 7+Nico, but I think she was pretty important. Also, while this might not be good enough to change your mind, but I think one of the reasons why you might have not enjoyed it could as well be the fact that the new characters, including the old ones, where narrated in 3rd person. It could affect the characters a bit. For example, many have not liked Percy so much in this series, for we really couldn't see his thoughts as much like in PJ, resulting him to be less funny.

      Tbh the only new characters I liked were Hazel, Reyna, and Leo. But I could tolerate everyone else. No other new characters bothered me or grew on me.

        Loading editor
    • Leenakitty wrote:
      Easy the hidden oracle - the lost hearo was blah, starting a series with characters you dont care about was a bad move


      what about lightning thief?

        Loading editor
    • Bobjoe177 wrote:

      Leenakitty wrote:
      Easy the hidden oracle - the lost hearo was blah, starting a series with characters you dont care about was a bad move


      what about lightning thief?

      I read the lighting theif in six grade and i hated the teacher so i cant really give a non bias opinion on it tbh

        Loading editor
    • The Lightning Thief! 

        Loading editor
    • Leenakitty wrote:

      Bobjoe177 wrote:

      Leenakitty wrote:
      Easy the hidden oracle - the lost hearo was blah, starting a series with characters you dont care about was a bad move

      what about lightning thief?
      I read the lighting theif in six grade and i hated the teacher so i cant really give a non bias opinion on it tbh

      ah ok

        Loading editor
    • Lighting Thief, the lost hero characters are all one dimensional, there is a larger emphasis on romance than the actual plot, and I didn't like how the Carthaginians were depicted.

        Loading editor
    • 1. Trials of Apollo 

      2. The Lightning Thief 

      3. The Lost Hero 

        Loading editor
    • Oh yes, the very annoying remark about Canadians... It still bothers me to this day. I kinda liked TLH but tbh it was dry and boring. So....

      1. The Trials Of Apollo

      2.The Lost Hero

      3. The Lightning thief because, well, it felt as if a bedtime story in which the main character either kicks some butt or gets help on kicking butt. Which it originally was.

        Loading editor
    • @Erick.baez.773: Not quite the case for me; I wasn't really bothered by the switch to third person. Nor was it the fact that there were new characters (I rank Hazel and Frank highly in my list of favourite characters from both series due to the fact that they were developed properly). 

        Loading editor
    • I seethe about the Canadian comment. I think of it every second of every day. My eyes fill to the brim with tears every time that disgusting remark is brought to my mind. I try drinking maple syrup to forget my pain, but alas, it doesn't work. And I know my anguish will never come to an end.

        Loading editor
    • What Canadian comment are all of you referring to?

        Loading editor
    • 8th Hero of Olympus wrote:
      What Canadian comment are all of you referring to?
        Loading editor
    • 8th Hero of Olympus wrote: What Canadian comment are all of you referring to?

      Chinese-Canadian baby man

        Loading editor
    • ^^^And why is that such a big deal?

        Loading editor
    • It discriminates against my great nation. My ancestors built upon this place 1 million years ago and I refuse to let it be disrespected. Canada is my home and my reason to live.

        Loading editor
    • Uh... I fail to see how the deliberately humorous description of one Canadian is somehow suddenly a discrimination against the entire nation of Canada.

        Loading editor
    • You wouldn't understand. I feel intense pain at every moment because of this.

        Loading editor
    • S A R C A S M

        Loading editor
    • That is the problem with sarcasm - I'm never able to discern it unless I can either hear a person's voice or see his/her facial expression.

        Loading editor
    • I mean you should have been tipped of at drinking away the pain with maple syrup lmao

        Loading editor
    • *eats popcorn and reads comments*

        Loading editor
    • TheViralSorceress wrote:
      *eats popcorn and reads comments*

      ^Same

        Loading editor
    • 8th Hero of Olympus wrote: That is the problem with sarcasm - I'm never able to discern it unless I can either hear a person's voice or see his/her facial expression.

      As in...

      But anyway, I hate Lost Hero. Lightening thief better. Hidden Oracle isn't in Nigeria yet though, so maybe that opinion may change.

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message