FANDOM


  • Annabeth is the daughter of Athena, part of the Prophecy of 7, and is really smart.

    Magnus Chase is the son of Frey, has fun healing powers, has a talking sword, and is an einherjar.

    Who do you think will win? Vote here.

      Loading editor
    • This is a tough one.

        Loading editor
    • Annabeth!

        Loading editor
    • I don't know!

        Loading editor
    • Annabeth EZ, though I like Magnus more

        Loading editor
    • This is a tough one, but I say Annabeth. 

      Becuz Magnus can heal but Annabeth's got brains too (: 

        Loading editor
    • This is really a tough one cauz Annabeth has brains n Magnus has a talking sword XD

      On a serious note

      definately can't say

        Loading editor
    • Magnus has better feats.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think so.

        Loading editor
    • Annabeth. She scares Magnus. Yes, he is an undead warrior but she has survived two wars and Percy!

        Loading editor
    • Kepekley23 wrote:
      Magnus has better feats.


      No.

        Loading editor
    • Sebastienxu467 wrote:
      Kepekley23 wrote:
      Magnus has better feats.

      No.

      Did Annabeth make plants grow all over an island?

        Loading editor
    • SayuriDarling
      SayuriDarling removed this reply because:
      no
      03:07, October 9, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • Plants growing over an island is Town level.

        Loading editor
    • I would say Annabeth, but since you included Jack, Magnus may have a chance. I mean, he can disarm people, heal himself at an alarming rate, and other abilities as well. Annabeth has her wits, her knife, and.... Well, that would be about it.

      Cause im pretty sure you can't use your brain against a talking sword that is the sharpest blade in the Nine Realms that can fly and change shape.

      But, then again, this is a crossover fight and Jacks's status as the sharpest sword in the Nine Realms do not apply. But he can still fly, fight by himself, and is still a sword, a sword used by the leader of the Vanir, I tell you.

      Also, the fight with Kronos was basically pure luck, seeing as though no fighting commenced with Kronos against Annabeth, it was Percy's choice to give the knife, and it was Luke who killed Kronos.

      And also, SURT? The leader of the fire giants? The one who has the power to burn all of the Nine Realms? PATHETIC ANT? I am laughing at your stupidity, my friend.

        Loading editor
    • Is Jack in or not?

        Loading editor
    • Jack is in, described as a "talking sword"

        Loading editor
    • Annabeth, unless Magnus has Jack with him. Annabeth is a strategic fighter, whereas Magnus is only a healer and can't fare well in a fight without his talking sword.

        Loading editor
    • Jack is in. I think that Jack vs. Annabeth would be a more proper fight, if Jack could operate without a son of Frey

        Loading editor
    • Sebastienxu467 wrote:
      Lol, that is not even a feat. If Magnus grows plants all over the island when they are fighting, will it help him? No. Not one tiny bit. On the other hand, did Magnus trick Nyx? Did he survive Tartarus? Did he defeat Arachne? Did he he help defeat multiple giants in the giant war? Did he to his own against Kronos? Was he able to kill hundreds of monsters during the second titan war? Magnus has impressive feats but Annabeth's feats surpass Magnus's in basically any way. Give me something Magnus had done that can even be compared to what Annabeth had done. Yeah, he did defeat Fernis and Surt but they are basically pathetic ants compared to the likes of those like Kronos. Plus, Magnus didn't defeat them alone and had a lot of help with them. Yes Annabeth had help from Percy when fighting Kronos but she was able to hold his own against him even when Percy was out of commision.

      It means he has Town-level Area of Effect and Power, while Annabeth has no real feats. Tricking Nyx is an intelligence feat, not a power one. Annabeth only survived Tartarus because Percy broke her fall and defeated most of the REAL monsters, so your point there is moot. Annabeth also never actually defeated or fought a Giant head-on; Percy, Jason and the rest of the Seven were the ones that actually fought in the frontlines.

      Percy has basically far surpassed anyone else in the series.

      By the way, when did Annabeth fight Kronos without getting one-shotted?

        Loading editor
    • SayuriDarling
      SayuriDarling removed this reply because:
      no
      03:07, October 9, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • SayuriDarling
      SayuriDarling removed this reply because:
      no
      03:07, October 9, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • SayuriDarling
      SayuriDarling removed this reply because:
      03:07, October 9, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • SayuriDarling
      SayuriDarling removed this reply because:
      no
      03:07, October 9, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • SayuriDarling
      SayuriDarling removed this reply because:
      03:08, October 9, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • SayuriDarling
      SayuriDarling removed this reply because:
      no
      03:08, October 9, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • SayuriDarling
      SayuriDarling removed this reply because:
      no
      03:08, October 9, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • Tough one, but I would say AnnaBeth

        Loading editor
    • Maggie ! He's Dr. Chase, meaning injuries inflicted on him can be healed. If he uses Jack, he will decapitate Annabeth in no time. If Jack isn't used, he can dispel all weapons using the Call of Frey which includes Annabeth's weapons and finish her off. 

        Loading editor
    • One: Yes, he can heal, but not fatal wounds. So it's not like he' coming back from a wound in his gut or anything.

      Two: Healing doesn't rejuvinate him. He still we get tired eventually(although it'll take longer). Annabeth, who doesn't have immense 'magical' power to rely on, has always been shown to have great stamina. I think MOA was the one book where she eve gets tired, and that was because she had to splint her own wound and run from rubble, as well as weave a makeshift bridge(before even fighting her actual enemy!).

      Three:I don't know why Sayuri put that, but I think it's far-reaching to say that means he's allowed when she, I, and others have all pointed out he is not allowed several times. If he's not allowed to use him in a battle with Percy, why would he get to use it here-against someone who has only weapons and brainpower?

      Four: Its actually the Peace of Frey, and I think it can be resisted to some extent. If anyone could, it'd be Annabeth.

      Annabeth wins 7/10

        Loading editor
    • I think magnus cause he could throw jack at annabeth and.. well let him do his job...

        Loading editor
    • Oceanhalo12 wrote:
      One: Yes, he can heal, but not fatal wounds. So it's not like he' coming back from a wound in his gut or anything.

      Two: Healing doesn't rejuvinate him. He still we get tired eventually(although it'll take longer). Annabeth, who doesn't have immense 'magical' power to rely on, has always been shown to have great stamina. I think MOA was the one book where she eve gets tired, and that was because she had to splint her own wound and run from rubble, as well as weave a makeshift bridge(before even fighting her actual enemy!).

      Three:I don't know why Sayuri put that, but I think it's far-reaching to say that means he's allowed when she, I, and others have all pointed out he is not allowed several times. If he's not allowed to use him in a battle with Percy, why would he get to use it here-against someone who has only weapons and brainpower?

      Four: Its actually the Peace of Frey, and I think it can be resisted to some extent. If anyone could, it'd be Annabeth.

      Annabeth wins 7/10

      Ok, Peace of Frey then (I read a translated version in Filipino, which roughly translates to Call of Frey in English), but there's no mention of the call being resisted in the books. If the sword isn't used, Annabeth stands a chance, but we must remember that Magnus is an einherjar and has more strength and stamina than Magnus has. I don't know about huge stamina, but Annabeth does manage to survive holding the sky, but tires easily in The Lightning Thief and Blood of Olympus. Magnus was also mentioned as clever, even though it is his own pov, so he probably would be able to see through Annabeth's plan. I don't see a straight path through which Annabeth can win.

        Loading editor
    • Famous Five here, I just lost access to my old password.

        Loading editor
    • Although this one's a tough choice, I have to say Magnus, who has inherited some of the Chase intelligence, as Annabeth says in Sword of Summer. Keeping in mind the side powers of Peace of Frey and being an einherji, I would say Beantown.

      All the above points are moot if Jack's included, which guarentees a quick win for Magnus.

      EDIT: On second thought, I feel that including Jack actually makes it harder for Magnus. Annabeth, being her usual clever self, might be able to flatter Jack and get him on her side.

        Loading editor
    • Guys, Guys! Annabeth can win because she has her invisibility cap!

        Loading editor
    • Ea225225 wrote:
      Guys, Guys! Annabeth can win because she has her invisibility cap!

      A score to Annabeth! But again, Magnus has Jack, who doesn't have eyes and is able to locate opponents without actually seeing them, so being invisible won't be much of a thing for Jackie boy and he can knock out the hat and shred it. But if we were to remove Jack, the fight goes to Annabeth.

        Loading editor
    • Magnus is leading ! Ship of The Dead impact !

        Loading editor
    • Suppandi wrote:
      Ea225225 wrote:
      Guys, Guys! Annabeth can win because she has her invisibility cap!
      A score to Annabeth! But again, Magnus has Jack, who doesn't have eyes and is able to locate opponents without actually seeing them, so being invisible won't be much of a thing for Jackie boy and he can knock out the hat and shred it. But if we were to remove Jack, the fight goes to Annabeth.

      Magnus can't use Jack

      N one has ever saw Annabeth's tactic before she wanted them too, I doubt Magnus could.

      Peace/Call of Frey was only used once, so it's limits and such are arguable.

        Loading editor
    • Who says Jack isn't in?

        Loading editor
    • Jack is a living sword, so would be counted as an outside party.

        Loading editor
    • Im Undecided

      Magnus Because He Has A Flying Sword

      Annabeth Cause She's Got Skill

        Loading editor
    • Magnus can't use Jack.

        Loading editor
    • Oceanhalo12 wrote:
      Magnus can't use Jack.

      Sayuri did include him so probably he can.

        Loading editor
    • This fight all depends on whether Jack is allowed or not. Some have said he was allowed on some forums but not allowed on others.

      You guys should really make a policy about Jack and Magnus is fights or just specify when creating a fight if Magnus has Jack to begin with.

      For now, I'll say Annabeth because:

      -She is the daughter of a war goddess. By instinct, like Clarisse, she is a wonderful fighter. I mean, she was able to fight closely with Percy when he had the Curse of Achilles, nearly keeping up. While other demigods died in the war, she wasn't even injured until she purposefully threw her body in front of Percy to protect him from his own blunder. That alone speaks wonders of her fighting skills. She was also able to block an attack from Kronos while half-dead. Even if Luke was holding him back, it is very impressive.

      -She is also experienced. She has been fighting and outsmarting monsters since she was 7. Magnus started, what, a few months ago? A year?

      -A strategist. I know it's one thing to say she's a strategist, but remember: Athena herself picked Annabeth to be the leading strategist against the Titan invasion of New York. Athena even confided in Annabeth plans she didn't tell others (except Hermes to deliver the message).

      -Cap of Invisibility. It's hard to call. Against Magnus, it'd work. However, I'm not sure about Jack. As someone said, Jack has no eyes and does not see the way humans do. So, I guess whether she is invisible to Jack or not depends on what magic the cap is using to make her invisible.

        Loading editor
    • We do have a policy!!!!!!!!!!! Jack has never been allowed in a fight on here! Some people just refuse to read and new users keep coming on using Jack in their argument w/out reading up, and then confusion starts and we have to explain it again.

        Loading editor
    • Oceanhalo12 wrote:
      We do have a policy!!!!!!!!!!! Jack has never been allowed in a fight on here! Some people just refuse to read and new users keep coming on using Jack in their argument w/out reading up, and then confusion starts and we have to explain it again.

      Where was it declared as a policy ? Just curious, no sarcasm intended.

        Loading editor
    • Jack is allowed if they are mentioned in the fight. And Sayuri (the creator of this forum) mentions a talking sword in Magnus' arsenal, so what other talking swords in the Riordan books are there?

        Loading editor
    • Also, not including Jack would be depriving Magnus of his weapon. You could argue that Jack fights on his own, but that's the characteristic of the weapon, similar to how Riptide is well balanced in Percy's arms and enables him to fight, or how Leo fights better with metal tools from his belt. You could say that's unfair, but that would be saying, "OH no don't pit Hazel against Piper pipers so weak Hazels mist shouldnot be counted oh". 

        Loading editor
    • Suppandi wrote:
      Also, not including Jack would be depriving Magnus of his weapon. You could argue that Jack fights on his own, but that's the characteristic of the weapon, similar to how Riptide is well balanced in Percy's arms and enables him to fight, or how Leo fights better with metal tools from his belt. You could say that's unfair, but that would be saying, "OH no don't pit Hazel against Piper pipers so weak Hazels mist shouldnot be counted oh". 

      It's not like Magnus is controlling Jack with his magic/powers. Jack is his own sentient being that acts independently from Magnus. That's different than having a sword that shoots lasers and stuff. Jack is basically a second person except in sword form. The only way it'd be fair to have Jack is if Jack wasn't sentient and did no fighting for Magnus nor talk to him.

      Jack is not equivilant to Hazel's Mist. Jack is equivilent to Arion the horse. They are sentient beings that can move, act and think independently on their own. We are testing Magnus, not Magnus and Jack. Jack is his own person, as odd as that sounds. If Annabeth had an animal sidekick, would it be included? No. Jack shouldn't be included either.

        Loading editor
    • VidiaPhoenix wrote:
      Suppandi wrote:
      Also, not including Jack would be depriving Magnus of his weapon. You could argue that Jack fights on his own, but that's the characteristic of the weapon, similar to how Riptide is well balanced in Percy's arms and enables him to fight, or how Leo fights better with metal tools from his belt. You could say that's unfair, but that would be saying, "OH no don't pit Hazel against Piper pipers so weak Hazels mist shouldnot be counted oh". 
      It's not like Magnus is controlling Jack with his magic/powers. Jack is his own sentient being that acts independently from Magnus. That's different than having a sword that shoots lasers and stuff. Jack is basically a second person except in sword form. The only way it'd be fair to have Jack is if Jack wasn't sentient and did no fighting for Magnus nor talk to him.

      Jack is not equivilant to Hazel's Mist. Jack is equivilent to Arion the horse. They are sentient beings that can move, act and think independently on their own. We are testing Magnus, not Magnus and Jack. Jack is his own person, as odd as that sounds. If Annabeth had an animal sidekick, would it be included? No. Jack shouldn't be included either.

      Jack may decide to give Magnus training lessons.

        Loading editor
    • All this stuff's is starting to give me a headache. I prefer to go with simple logic-Will Jack be present if Magnus actually fights Annabeth. Yes. BTW,  what do you mean by training lessons?

        Loading editor
    • But Jack needs Magnus to operate (or somethin like that, Son of Frey stuff) so yeah. Also, people keep mentioning (including me) Jack is included in the fight, so please, no more arguing if Jack is in or not.

        Loading editor
    • Wait, since Jack is Magnus's sidekick, wouldn't it be fair for Annabeth to have a sidekick?

      Bring in Perseus Jackson!

        Loading editor
    • Not technically a sidekick, but more of a weapon. I mean, Magnus basically owns Jack, SOO, Jack is not a sidekick, just a very annoying talking weapon.

      That being said, Annabeth should have hey invis cap, too.

        Loading editor
    • Ok. Ok. Also Jack would probably say that Magnus is His sidekick

        Loading editor
    • Sidekick. Partner. Either way, Jack is an outside party, not just a weapon. Jack fights on his own and talks. It's like having a second person.

      Regardless, Annabeth still wins whether Magnus has Jack or not.

        Loading editor
    • VidiaPhoenix wrote:
      ...

      Regardless, Annabeth still wins whether Magnus has Jack or not.

      How?

        Loading editor
    • VishwaUser wrote:
      VidiaPhoenix wrote:
      ...

      Regardless, Annabeth still wins whether Magnus has Jack or not.

      How?

      Exactly my thoughts. Also, an example came to my mind of Hermes' caudecus, which will not be called a sidekick or partner to Hermes, but Jack is called as one to Magnus.

        Loading editor
    • VishwaUser wrote:
      VidiaPhoenix wrote:
      ...

      Regardless, Annabeth still wins whether Magnus has Jack or not.

      How?

      I already explained how Annabeth would win above. In fact, you kudos it so what do you mean how?

      Anyways, assuming Jack acts as a person with exceptional fighting abilities, Annabeth would still be fine. She is a great fighter and could hold her own. That's all Jack adds to the fight.

        Loading editor
    • Sorry I forgot. Also I should have read your post more carefully.

        Loading editor
    • VishwaUser wrote:
      Sorry I forgot. Also I should have read your post more carefully.

      I'm sorry too. I was a bit mean with my reply.

        Loading editor
    • VidiaPhoenix wrote:
      This fight all depends on whether Jack is allowed or not. Some have said he was allowed on some forums but not allowed on others.

      You guys should really make a policy about Jack and Magnus is fights or just specify when creating a fight if Magnus has Jack to begin with.

      For now, I'll say Annabeth because:

      -She is the daughter of a war goddess. By instinct, like Clarisse, she is a wonderful fighter. I mean, she was able to fight closely with Percy when he had the Curse of Achilles, nearly keeping up. While other demigods died in the war, she wasn't even injured until she purposefully threw her body in front of Percy to protect him from his own blunder. That alone speaks wonders of her fighting skills. She was also able to block an attack from Kronos while half-dead. Even if Luke was holding him back, it is very impressive.

      -She is also experienced. She has been fighting and outsmarting monsters since she was 7. Magnus started, what, a few months ago? A year?

      -A strategist. I know it's one thing to say she's a strategist, but remember: Athena herself picked Annabeth to be the leading strategist against the Titan invasion of New York. Athena even confided in Annabeth plans she didn't tell others (except Hermes to deliver the message).

      -Cap of Invisibility. It's hard to call. Against Magnus, it'd work. However, I'm not sure about Jack. As someone said, Jack has no eyes and does not see the way humans do. So, I guess whether she is invisible to Jack or not depends on what magic the cap is using to make her invisible.

      You said that the outcome of the fight depends on whether Jack is not included or not here. And now you say that Annabeth wins whether Jack is included or not. I don't see any messages in between them that show why Annabeth would win against Jack.  And no, Jack doesn't actually act as an extraordinary fighter, even an extraordinary fighter would find it hard to disarm a group of armed dwarves visiting the contest from whole of Nidavellir before you could say Son of Edna.

        Loading editor
    • For the last time, JACK IS IN!

        Loading editor
    • NovaBoom wrote:
      For the last time, JACK IS IN!

      I know, Sayuri mentioned it in the lead of the fight.

        Loading editor
    • By outcome, I mean it affects whether it is an easy win for Annabeth (sans Jack) or a close one (Jack included). The only way Magnus stands a lick of a chance is if he has Jack. Even then, Annabeth still wins.

      Annabeth is a wonderful fighter about on par with Percy who could plow through dozens of trained Roman soilders like they are nothing.

        Loading editor
    • ^Then again, Jack is an ancient weapon once wielded by the leader of the Vanir, defeated thousands of enemies and monsters, killed ALOT of giants with ease, and survived ring dragon acid.

      Tell me, how do you defeat THAT with a demigod whose smart or somethin

        Loading editor
    • You are overestimating Jack's abilities. Like I said, Annabeth isn't just "smart or somethin," she is the daughter of the War goddess.

      Surviving a ring of Dragon Acid is not even applicable. Annabeth will not be destroying Jack, she will be killing Magnus. Besides, what's to stop Annabeth from tricking Jack with some clever words? Annabeth is a literal genius who did Calculus at 12. I think she can trick Jack pretty easy; Jack isn't exactly known for his brains.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, but Jack has Magnus with him, helping him not to be tricked or be trapped by Annabeth.

        Loading editor
    • Magnus is clever, but not Annabeth clever. Annabeth's whole schtick is being a genius. She can outsmart Magnus too.

        Loading editor
    • Jack is just a sword, see the detailed history here - Sumarbrandr - Wikipedia

        Loading editor
    • Fifth Famous wrote:
      Jack is just a sword, see the detailed history here - Sumarbrandr - Wikipedia

      Um. this may sound stupid, but why is there no "e" between brand & r ?

        Loading editor
    • Suppandi wrote:
      Fifth Famous wrote:
      Jack is just a sword, see the detailed history here - Sumarbrandr - Wikipedia
      Um. this may sound stupid, but why is there no "e" between brand & r ?

      No, there's not. It may not look it but it's a foreign word so it doesn't follow English naming conventions.

        Loading editor
    • Fifth Famous wrote: Jack is just a sword, see the detailed history here - Sumarbrandr - Wikipedia

      In the books, Sumarbrandr (a.k.a. Jack) is a sentient sword, capable of thought, movement, speech, and other characteristics of a human.

      The thing is, he's a sword.

        Loading editor
    • Magnus can probably see through her tricks because he is her cousin. Magnus also owns Jack the sword so I say magnus.

        Loading editor
    • Romantodacore wrote:
      Magnus can probably see through her tricks because he is her cousin.

      Wouldn't the reverse be true for Annabeth?

        Loading editor
    • I honestly don't get why its being discussed. The only form Magnus can use Jack is his regular sword form, and since Magnus can't sword fight like at all, he'd either disarm himself or Annabeth would do it for him. 

      And dear new users, Sayuri being an admin doesn't make everything she does 100%. She is a human. She makes mistakes. But BY ALL MEANS go look on another thread. The no Jack rule has been stated many times, including by her.

        Loading editor
    • Oceanhalo12 wrote:
      I honestly don't get why its being discussed. The only form Magnus can use Jack is his regular sword form, and since Magnus can't sword fight like at all, he'd either disarm himself or Annabeth would do it for him. 

      And dear new users, Sayuri being an admin doesn't make everything she does 100%. She is a human. She makes mistakes. But BY ALL MEANS go look on another thread. The no Jack rule has been stated many times, including by her.

      Which is exactly what I am asking, where is the thread?

        Loading editor
    • The other arena fights that  involve  Magnus.

      But if that's too hard to find, here you go:

      http://riordan.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:148338-Stated definitively 

      http://riordan.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:132627-This is where the original argument came about

        Loading editor
    • Magnus has the power of Frey. Go to the argument Magnus vs Nico to see my full response and why Magnus would win.

        Loading editor
    • DaughterOfAres07
      DaughterOfAres07 removed this reply because:
      Irrelevant
      16:05, January 19, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • What did you say on it?

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message