Ullr (often spelled Ull and Ullinn) is the Norse Aesir god of glory, hunting, and skiing and the son of Sif and step-son of Thor. Ullr was briefly mentioned in The Sword of Summer by Otis, saying Ullr invented snowshoes and archery.
- He presumably has the standard powers of a god.
- Archery: As the God of Archery, Ullr is an extremely skilled archer.
- Cryokinesis: As the God of Winter, Ullr has divine and absolute control over winter.
- The name Ullr is probably descended from the same word as Old English wuldor and the Gothic wulþus, meaning "glory". The reconstructed Proto-Germanic form is Wulþuz.
- The town of Breckenridge, Colorado hosts a week-long festival called "Ullr Fest" each year in January, featuring numerous events designed to win his favor in an effort to bring snow to the historic ski town. Breck Ullr Fest was first held in 1962.
- Within the winter skiing community of Europe, Ullr is considered the Guardian Patron Saint of Skiers (German Schutzpatron der Skifahrer).
- Various locations in Norway and Sweden are named after him.
- His Greco-Roman equivalent (in terms of attributes) would be Artemis/Diana.
- His Egyptian equivalents is Neith.
- ↑ Sword of Summer pg 350
|Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard|
|Core Series:||The Sword of Summer | The Hammer of Thor| The Ship of the Dead|
|Main Characters:||Magnus Chase | Alex Fierro | Blitzen | Halfborn Gunderson | Hearthstone | Mallory Keen | Samirah al-Abbas | Sumarbrander | Thomas Jefferson Jr.|
|Minor Characters:||Annabeth Chase | Frederick Chase | Gunilla | Randolph Chase|
|Norse Gods:||Freya | Frey | Thor | Loki | Odin | Frigg | Ullr | Vidar | Heimdall | Sif|
|Minor Gods:||Hel | Mimir | Ran | Aegir|
|Jotnar:||Surt | Utgard-Loki | Ymir|
|Monsters:||Ratatosk | Jormungand | Fenris|