While Magnus and his friends are being outmatched by the earth giants, Vidar along with Thor and Heimdall, arrived in time to help them defeat the giants. Later, after the battle, he is shown tending to the wounded. At the celebration at Hotel Valhalla, he is seen conversing with Hearthstone in a sign language Magnus didn't understand.
Not much is known about Vidar's appearance. His right shoe is made of every show scrap thrown away. It is made of scraps of leather, metal, pieces of neon athletic shoes, Velcro straps, old brass buckles, and stilleto heels. When he appears at Loki's cavern, he is wearing a helmet, infrared goggles, jackboots, and full Kelvar body armor with the letters GRRM across the chest.
Alf Sign Language: He can understand and sign ASL.
Giant Shoe: Vidar's shoe was shown growing to a huge size allowing him to crush a giant.
- His Greco-Roman equivalent is Nemesis/Invidia, while his character is more like Zeus as revenging himself on the devoured family.
- His Egyptian equivalent (in terms of character) is Horus.
- Two locations in Norway are named after him.
- He is described as the son of Odin and the giantess Gridr in Norse Mythology
- He is foretold to avenge his father's death by killing the Fenris Wolf at Ragnarok, an event which he will survive.
- Vidar's "thick shoe" is described in Norse Mythology as consisting of all the extra leather pieces that people have cut from their own shoes at the toe and heel, collected by the god throughout all time.
- He is proficient at ASL.